Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Moving on to the Next Level

Moving on to the Next Level
By Shawnta’ Jones ‘14

Two Crusader student-athletes find themselves achieving their lifelong dreams of playing the sport they love at the college level. The month of April was huge for our seniors Scott Two Bulls and Christi Sioux Bob.

On April 16th, Sioux Bob signed to play basketball for the Chadron State Eagles. Christi was a four year starting point guard for the Red Cloud Crusaders and will be playing the point guard position in college as well. Chadron State’s head coach was able to attend a Crusader game this past season and saw Sioux Bob in action. After setting up a tryout, he was very interested and Sioux Bob kept in contact with him.

“Basketball is more than just a game, it’s my life,” says Sioux Bob. “I’ve been playing since I was four years old. I am happy because I’m still able to play the sport I love at a whole new level. Basketball never stops.”

Also on April 3rd, Two Bulls signed with Dickinson State University to play football. In mid- November he got a call back from the Defensive Coordinator. Two Bulls was very satisfied with this because he doesn’t have to play on offense anymore. After getting accepted into the school and keeping in contact with the coordinator, Scott was sent his letter of intent.

“I’ve been playing football ever since I was in first grade,” enthused Two Bulls. “I love football like the fat kid loves cake. I love how aggressive it is and I love hitting. I am more than happy with signing because it gave me a chance to do things I want to do.”

Congrats to these two student-athletes making their dreams into reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment