Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Right Timing for Marriage?: The Explosive In-depth Report

Photo by Shawnta' Jones '14. Copyright Red Cloud Indian School.
The Right Timing for Marriage?:
The Explosive In-depth Report
By Shawnta’ Jones ‘14

Out of curiosity, I wanted to know how a certain English teacher knew he was actually ready to marry another former faculty member. Well, I got no response but I figured it would be a great idea to find out when students and faculty of Red Cloud think they will actually be ready to marry, so I asked the question, “How do you know you’re ready to marry?” Here are a few responses to my question.

Colton Sierra: “I don’t know, I guess when it’s right, it’s right and when you’re wrong, you may suffer the consequences.”

Ashley Boone: “I think it’s a lengthy process and I try to look to Lakota tradition, it takes a long time. The idea of evaluating your relationship under different circumstances. I would also say when you’re able to feel happiness within yourself and not feel like has to come from your spouse. Find someone who compliments your life.”

Bre Amiotte: “When I’m settled down and I can find someone who can put with my attitude.”

Christi Sioux Bob: “After I have my life together first and do what I want to do.”

Nakina Mills: “I feel like I will know to marry when I know that we are healthy in all areas together, connected spiritually, financially, emotionally, and physically.”

Cody Janis: “I think whenever you have that special connection with someone and they will do anything for you. Also they have to make you smile.”

Marco Starr: “When you know the person well enough, after you have met everyone in their family. Also if you enjoy being with them.”

Brittany Weidel: I want to be settled, financially stable, and be in a relationship that I feel could be very long lasting. I would know I’m ready to marry when I’m willing to work hard for that person.”

Claire Huerter: "I think that people rush to get married because society tells them it's the right thing to do after college. I'm all about waiting until you really find the right person. I also think it's a lot more than just butterflies in your stomach you need to ask yourself are they financially stable, a good person, can you see them being a good mom or dad? I'll know when I'm ready when those things all seem right."

No comments:

Post a Comment