Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 7, 2013

One on One with William Belt

William Belt '14. Photo by Phillip Zimiga '13. Copyright Red Cloud Indian School.

One on One with William Belt
By Phillip Zimiga ‘13

Q: How has your time been so far here at Red Cloud?
William: It has been quite alright. While here, I met a lot of different people at Red Cloud.

Q: What is your most memorable time you have spent at Red Cloud?
William: My most memorable time would probably have to be sophomore retreat. There was still snow on the ground, so we decided to make another activity along with what our teachers planned for the day. So I guess you can say we went sledding as well as learned about the rites of passage. Sledding was fun but also kept us busy when there was nothing else to do. That was one of my best memories I’ll take with me when I leave Red Cloud.

Q: Who inspires you to be who you are now?
William: The people who inspire me are my uncles Av and Butch Fire Thunder.

Q: Where do you think your going after high school?
William: I’m planning to go after high school to the Marine Corps, then hopefully into a decent college.

Q: What kind activities do you join after school?
William: I could tell you several but there is only one I can think of right now and that is Hand Game club. There is nothing I like to play more than Hand Games. I don’t know what there is about it that attracts me to play the game. For me, some could say it’s a way of life, others could call it obsession. I say it’s part of our culture and that is what I do after school.

Q: Do you enjoy other activities?
William: I enjoy hunting with my hunka dad Rex Crow and his sons on the weekends.
 
Q: Do you think you have a great impact?
William: Not really. I believe in order for you to have a big impact in society you first need to take care of yourself first then worry about others.
 
Q: How would you describe your years you have spent at Red Cloud?
William: They have been the most memorable and I would have to say that I didn’t believe they would fly by so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment