Total Pageviews

Friday, November 8, 2013

Blood Donations Saves Lives at Red Cloud


Photos by Jin Yup Jung '14. Copyright Red Cloud Indian School.
Blood Donations Saves Lives at Red Cloud
 By Jin Yup Jung '14
                                               
On October 30th, RED CLOUD SUCKED....blood from their bodies and donated it for a good cause.

Many Red Cloud Crusaders were being real heroes by overcoming the fear of being injected by a big needle to save lives...

Students were called by one of the student helpers of the blood drive and went to Eben Hall one by one to donate their blood from the morning until three. There were some students who had a reason to donate their blood. “Because I’m saving a life,” Talea Black Tail Deer ‘14 said. “I felt anxious and nervous before donating blood, and I fainted after donating my blood.”  However, Talea said that she will donate blood next year too, if she has the chance. “Because I can save a life again,” said Talea.  

Bobby Pourier ‘16 said, “I have never gave blood before, so I wanted to this year, and it was a new experience. At the beginning, I was really nervous, but afterwards, I was scared because I felt like was going to collapse." He continued, “But I will donate blood next year too; both to get some cookies and to save lives.”

I would like to give it up for those who donated their blood to save millions of lives. Hopefully, more Crusaders will donate blood and recognize that blood is the same as life for some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment