Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Last Game at Paul "Dizzy" Trout

The Crusaders, earlier in the season. Photo by Christopher Ives. Copyright Red Cloud Indian School.

Last Game at Paul "Dizzy" Trout
By Cully Pourier '13

Last night, February 25th, 2013 the Red Cloud Boys Basketball team played their last game of the season at the Paul "Dizzy" Trout Memorial Fieldhouse. It was the last ever game at the home arena for myself and the rest of the class of 2013. The Crusaders went head to head against the district opponent Hill City Rangers, winning 70-25. Red Cloud had beaten Hill City twice earlier this season by an average of twenty points.

There were a lot of mixed emotions heading into the last game at Paul "Dizzy" for the seniors. I caught up with senior point guard Andre Starr before the game and asked for his thoughts.“I think it’s exciting, and I cannot wait to play, but at the same time I am down because it is the last time that I will be able to represent Red Cloud at home," Andre stated.

Red Cloud will be facing Hot Springs for the district championship this Thursday, February 28th at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center.

Go big blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment