Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Album Review- Capital Cities: In A Tidal Wave of Mystery

Columnist Odessa Star Comes Out '14. Copyright Red Cloud Indian School.

Capital Cities: In A Tidal Wave of Mystery
By Odessa Star Comes Out '14

Capital Cities is considered an American Indie Pop group. They originated in LA, California. Their recent album, In A Tidal Wave of Mystery, dropped back in June. They are famously known for their song, "Safe and Sound." It charted #1 in on the US Alternative Songs chart.

I’m a hipster when it comes to music. I first heard this song on Spotify, BEFORE IT WAS ON THE RADIO! I freaked out and almost blew out the speakers when the song came on the radio. I was singing on the top of my lungs. I could not stop listening to the song. It was my theme song for the summer. It wasn’t until later when I said to myself, “Maybe I should take a listen to the rest of the album.” So I did. I’m glad I did. It has the sound of both 80s new wave and 70s disco music. This album is a good one, if I do say so myself. These songs will make you sing along when you're driving down the road with your windows down and you feel free. Or maybe just listening to the album with good headphones. Either way, you are going to love it if you’re into indie, dance, pop music. Also, I would like to add that some of the songs have a “Passion Pit” kind of a vibe to them. Good vibes.

This is a classic album. Definitely worth purchasing. Some might disagree, but I have faith in this duo. I just hope they don’t become a one hit wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment