Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Great Gatsby Movie Review

Gatsby! Photo by Odessa Star Comes Out '14. Copyright Red Cloud Indian School.


The Great Gatsby Movie Review
By Odessa Star Comes Out '14

A timely classic. Once a book, now turned into a major motion picture. I guess any movie with Leonardo DiCaprio is a great movie. (Where’s his Oscar?!) I’m pretty sure people have teared up at some point. I'm sure did. I’ve read the book, and as much as I enjoy DiCaprio, I choose the book over the movie.

Nick Carraway, trying to live his American Dream in the roaring 20s. Parties here and parties there. Freedom is in the air. The alcohol is cheap and loosening morals. Nick is living next to the most swanky, party-hosting millionaire and lives right across the bay from his cousin, Daisy. One day, Nick was the only one who was cordially invited by Mr. Gatsby himself to attend a party. No one had ever seen Gatsby. Until that night.

I can go on forever. All I’m saying is if you haven’t watch the movie, do it! Go watch it! Before I spoil everything for you. You will witness a tragedy of impossible love and incorruptible dreams. How great, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment