Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pine Jr. Takes Over as Volleyball Head Coach




Pine Jr. Takes Over as Volleyball Head Coach
By: Kirkland Ross ‘14

Volleyball Season is underway! This season the Lady 'Saders have a new head coach. Red Cloud Alum Dale Pine Jr. ‘05 has made his return to turn this group of girls into an unstoppable force.

This year is going to be Pine’s first time at being head coach. When asked about being Head Coach for the first time, he said, “It’s a little nerve wracking because my only experience is as an assistant. Now there’s a lot of pressure because now I have to oversee everything. I’m also excited because we have a really good team this year.”

Kylie I’atala ‘14 and Shawnta’ Jones ‘14 spoke about how Pine is doing so far. “I think he is doing really good. He is teaching us more than what we learned last year,” I’atala stated.  

“He is doing great for a first time coach," said Jones. "He makes us work hard. Also, it seems like he cares for us."

How does his coaching ethics differ from the previous coach?
I’atala: “He is teaching us more offense and defense. We are learning a lot more plays than previous years.”

Jones: “He runs us more than last year. He cares about us and wants us to have a successful season.”

I’atala added, “I think we’ll have a pretty good season.”

Red Cloud currently has a 4-3 record on the new season. You can check out there upcoming schedule here.

No comments:

Post a Comment