Total Pageviews

Friday, September 13, 2013

Same Class. New Teacher.


Same Class. New Teacher.
By Kirkland Ross ‘14

Computer Applications. Photography. Yearbook. Film Production. 

Four different classes. 

One teacher. 

Aminah Hassoun.

Hassoun, originally from Oxnard, California and a graduate from California Lutheran University, has taken the task to teach at Red Cloud.
   
What made you want to come to Red Cloud?

“I heard a lot about Pine Ridge. I had a friend who volunteered here for three years. I was captivated by her stories. To witness her change from being here, I thought it would be a good decision,” Hassoun stated.


What made you want to become a teacher?

“I was craving the personal relationship, and wanted to include it in my work,” said Hassoun. “Teaching keeps me on my toes, so I can teach the students and learn along with them.”


What do you like about the courses you teach?

“Hands-on learning. Its a mix of technology and art. I want to show and teach people tools to better connect with their world,” Hassoun said.

No comments:

Post a Comment