Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sioux Bob and Garnier Explore Australia

Christi Sioux Bob and Terra Garnier. Photo by Kyle I'atala '14. Copyright Red Cloud Indian School.


Sioux Bob and Garnier Explore Australia
By Kylie I’atala '14

Over the summer break Christi Sioux Bob and Terra Garnier went to a basketball camp in Australia. These two girls were selected to play with a group of students from across the world to be on a basketball team.

Where did you all go in Australia?
Christi: “Surfers Paradise and P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way Sydney."

Terra: “I went to Surfers Paradise in Australia which was really cool because we could see the beach from our hotel. I also went to Miami, Australia, which seems weird. After Australia, I went to Honolulu, Hawaii and it was so beautiful. I want to live there someday. The beach was so amazing because the sea was clear there and the sand is so fine and
pretty.”

What did you do in Australia?
Terra: “I played basketball, met some Australians, went to the zoo and pet kangaroos and held a koala. I also swam at the beach although it was their winter. The tides were really high. I went to a lot of Australian stores and they have a very different style. Christi and I ate ice cream everyday and it was delicious."

Christi: “Played basketball, met people from different states, fed some kangaroos and held a baby koala bear named Slater.

What did the basketball camp do for you two players?
Terra:  “It helped me to know how other coaches off the reservation are. I also noticed a lot of other teams have the same plays as our team. It helped me to realize that there are a lot of other girls who want to go to the next level as much as I do.”

Christi: “It made me want to work harder because of the competition level was so high and those Australian girls were really good.”



Christi and Terra both said they met a lot of really nice people and most of them lived in the U.S.A. Terra believes they can be lifelong friends, and they hope to see them around.
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment