Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Book Review: Paper Towns by John Green

Odessa and Paper Towns. Copyright Red Cloud Indian School.
Book Review: Paper Towns by John Green
By Odessa Star Comes Out '14

Teenage love? Teenage runaways? This is what John Green seems to love writing about and it’s what I love reading. For a while now, I’ve always wanted to read his books. Everyone on Tumblr talked about how great of an author he is. I wanted to see for myself.

A couple of weeks ago, I finally went to the bookstore and bought two of John Green’s books, Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska. I am currently reading Looking for Alaska. I either read a book in 2-3 days or throughout 4 months. There’s no in-between. It just depends on how good the book is. As for Paper Towns... it is fantastic! I could not put the book down. I would read on the bus in the morning and in the afternoon or in classes when I should’ve been doing my work.

Quentin Jacobsen has always loved the beautiful and adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she shows up at his bedroom window with the intention of getting revenge on people she knew around the neighborhood, Quentin decides to join her on the quest. After an all-nighter, Quentin goes to school expecting Margo to show. He would not be surprised if she was late. But she never did arrive. But the cool thing is that she left clues for him. It takes him awhile to figure out where all the clues pointed. Along the way, Q realizes that she isn’t the girl he thought she was...

No comments:

Post a Comment